Saturday 9 October 2010

Sound Mapping of Erenköy




First of all, it is better to introduce where my neighbourhood's location is with a simple map. It is in the Asian side of İstanbul, in Kadıköy.


When looking from birds-eye view tothis district, I think it is interesting to see the main axes are nearly parallel to each other and to the coast. I want to experience the differences between them by auditory sense. That may say something about the way and density of their usage.

The method that I can follow is to record the sound at different axis and the lines that intersect with them.

The points that I choose to record are:

1 : Minibus way (Şemsettin Günaltay Avenue)


2: My street


3: Railway (Erenköy Station)


4: Various cross streets


5: Bağdat Avenue


6: Seaside way (Cemil Topuzlu Avenue)



7: Seaside



As the next step I may record the chosen points at different hours of the day - like in the morning, at noon, in the afternoon, in the evening, at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment